Winner: 2017 AWMAC Product Design & Quality Award.
The Guild is one of Calgary’s exclusive restaurants located in the Historic Hudson’s Bay building in downtown Calgary. The name and design is inspired by guildhalls from the past and spans 2 floors, with the underground lounge “Sub Rosa” available for private events. A cocktail bar features and services one of Calgary’s largest patios, The Pub Patio. Following an open space concept, the main bar is huge, curved, very appealing and draws you to the heart-beat of the establishment. The circular custom ceiling directs you into this space and is reminiscent of the wooden “spokes” of a giant wagon wheel.
- Duration: 2016
- Areas of Work Included:
- Curved Feature Custom Ceiling
- Radiused Main Bar
- Dining Area wainscot ceiling details
- Private room & Cocktail Bar
- Entrance Lobby Bar
- Basement lower level Sub Rosa Feature Bar
- Stairwell Feature photo display wall
- Main Materials Used:
- Rift cut red oak solid & veneers
- Ornate custom oak trim
- Decorative cabinet pulls, wired glass and specialty hardware